Security System Question

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
mwnitz
Security System Question

Post by mwnitz » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:04 pm

I just installed an Ooma Telo. I purchased this to get rid of my expensive digital home phone. I use my digital home phone for my alarm monitoring system. One of the reps at ooma told me there was an additional adapter I needed to purchase a while ago, but I don't remember what it was. Does anyone know of what you need to get in order for the Ooma to communicate with Time Warner Security?

Note that the "we don't recommend it because if the power or Internet go out you have no alarm monitoring" doesn't apply to me as if the power or Internet go out now, my digital phone does not work anyway. I'm just trying to replace the Time Warner Digital Phone service with Ooma.

Thanks.

thunderbird

Re: Security System Question

Post by thunderbird » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:19 am

Bump

verta

Post by verta » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:09 am

I am researching this for my system as well. The best answer I got from Safetouch is to buy their $150 ATA device and connect it via ethernet to my home network. I know, my Ooma Telo is probably an ATA device, but I will need their technician to come out and wire up the system anyway and they won't come out unless they are installing their own equipment, and I can't blame them for that.

Ask the system vendor what options they have for you. They probably want to keep you as a customer. If you already have the right wiring, you might just need them to reprogram the dialing sequence to include ,*99, as a prefix so it tells Ooma it will be a modem call and puts a pause (comma) before and after it.

Post back if you have any updates!

cdokdan

Post by cdokdan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:17 pm