Call forwarding Ooma to Ooma does not work

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
Meredithbay
Call forwarding Ooma to Ooma does not work

Post by Meredithbay » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:21 am

I recently discovered that it is not possible to forward calls that are made from other Ooma devices.

Obviously, this impacts only Premier customers.

I have "forward all calls" enabled to send calls to my cell phone. Calls from non-Ooma devices are forwarded as expected. However, calls from Ooma devices are not forwarded (ring at my home).

lbmofo

Re: Call forwarding Ooma to Ooma does not work

Post by lbmofo » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:30 am

This is true as of now.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:28 am

You can forward calls from one ooma to another as long as the initial call is a non-ooma call.

SteveD

Post by SteveD » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:29 pm

Has anyone submitted this issue to Ooma? Just discovered that calling from an Ooma line to another Ooma line that is forwarded does not work. The call never gets forwarded. This seems like a bug to me.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:43 pm

It is a known limitation.

Currently, call forwarding, multi-ring, anonymous call block, blacklist do not work if call is coming from another Ooma.

viewtopic.php?t=12313

Meredithbay

Post by Meredithbay » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:50 pm

If this is an intended limitation, then it should be documented as such so that new (and current) Ooma owners know the limitations. Otherwise, it should be considered a bug, assigned resources to address the problem, tested and released to the Ooma community. An acknowledgement by Ooma that this is being worked on, or a statement that this is the intended behavior would be appreciated.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:39 am

This is not so much a bug but a limitation inherent in the current system. Ooma-to-ooma calls follow a path different from gateway-to-ooma calls, bypassing the forwarding feature. As our customer base grows this limitation has been advancing up our priority list. It's on the roadmap for this year.

Meredithbay

Post by Meredithbay » Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:08 am

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the update, the information that it is on the roadmap is appreciated. I look forward to this limitation being removed.

utalice

Post by utalice » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:56 pm

As a temporary fix for now, since the forwarding does not work for other Ooma users (and they are close friends & family), I have an idea. How about your friends and family just dial your cell number if they cannot reach you at your home phone?

I agree with you, I think it should also be *disclosed* to potential and present customers that the forwarding service will not work if they're calling other Ooma users and vice-versa, but they're hoping to have it working soon. That way, if it's imperative that this service is available for that potential customer, they can choose whether or not to go with Ooma. I don't like it either when everything is not disclosed to me and I find out after the fact.

stestardi

Post by stestardi » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:55 am

Any update on this? You said earlier this was on the roadmap for 2012, and 2012 has almost come to a close.

Thanks.

Steve