Making calls from Germany

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
jdkayaz
Making calls from Germany

Post by jdkayaz » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:02 pm

If I connect my Ooma to the internet in Germany, and then call any phone number in the United States, will Ooma recognize the call as one initiated within the United States?

highq

Re: Making calls from Germany

Post by highq » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:10 pm

I don't think Ooma bothers to figure out where you are located. Your Telo talks to Ooma's servers over the Internet, and it's immaterial where the Telo is physically situated.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:28 pm

quote="jdkayaz"]If I connect my Ooma to the internet in Germany, and then call any phone number in the United States, will Ooma recognize the call as one initiated within the United States?[/quote]
We made calls from China and our Ooma Telo though it was in the USA at our home address, the address that is entered in our My Ooma profile.

The one thing that you have to remember is to not call 911 when at a location in the world that is not your home address. Otherwise you may be in Germany, but the ambulance, police, and fire departments will be at the address that you entered in your My Ooma profile.
Last edited by thunderbird on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

nn5i

Post by nn5i » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:13 pm

thunderbird wrote: ... Otherwise you may be in Germany, but the ambiance, police and fire departments will be at the address that you entered in your My Ooma profile.
Well, it's always nice to have an ambiance at home, but an unneeded ambulance can be an inconvenience.