Can't call out

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
rohitmc
Can't call out

Post by rohitmc » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:45 pm

Hello everyone,

I have dial tone but i can' dial out. As as i start dialing the dial tone doesn't go away. Also there is no busy signal. I was with ooma support for 2 hours without any success.

Also when someone i call i can hear them but they can't hear me.

I am using ooma Hub.

Please help.

murphy

Re: Can't call out

Post by murphy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:58 am

rohitmc wrote:Hello everyone,

I have dial tone but i can' dial out. As as i start dialing the dial tone doesn't go away. Also there is no busy signal. I was with ooma support for 2 hours without any success.

I am using ooma Hub.

Please help.
Are you using a phone that generates touchtones?
Ooma does not support pulse dialing.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:52 am

I am using ooma Hub.

Please help.
First:
Send-to-Voicemail
Cycle the Send-To-Voicemail button on and off a few times.
"Press-and-hold for two seconds to turn Do not Disturb on or off (a solid light indicates that all calls are sent directly to voicemail)".
Make sure you don't have a solid light (not sending calls to Voice Mail), then test.

Next:
Try using a completely different phone connected to the Ooma Hub phone port, then test.

Next:
If that doesn't help, power off the Ooma Hub for one hour. Then repower the Ooma Hub and test.

JOEFAV

Post by JOEFAV » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:52 am

I have the same problem. Can't call out, hear dial tone, but nothing happens.I can hear the person speaking to me when I receive a call, but they can't hear me. OOMA tech told me my unit had gone bad, I needed to buy a new one. I bought a new one, and that one is working. I tried putting the old one back in service, but the old one is still not working.
Maybe when your warranty runs out, they can ZAP your OOMA so you need to buy a new one.

rohitmc

Post by rohitmc » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:12 pm

@murphy i am not using pulse dailing. This phone is working with ooma from last 2 months without any issue.

@thunderbird used all your suggestion with no luck.

It's the same issue. Dial tone is there but i can't dial out.

Please help, and thanks in advance.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:27 pm

I am using ooma Hub.

Please help.
And you do hear the Ooma dial tone when you pickup the phone. Not just a regular dial tone?

Dial the number this way, example: *99-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx# . When you dial, wait, and wait, and wait, even if you hear no dialing sound or hear anything. Some times this way of dialing will wake up the Ooma device. Note: *99 may cause echo during the call.

rohitmc

Post by rohitmc » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:44 pm

Yes it's Ooma dial tone. I tried *99-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx# and after certain minutes the busy signal comes. I waited for 10 minutes and tried again. It's the same issue again.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:39 pm

rohitmc wrote:Yes it's Ooma dial tone. I tried *99-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx# and after certain minutes the busy signal comes. I waited for 10 minutes and tried again. It's the same issue again.
The last resort is to contact Ooma Customer Support and report your problem:

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

rohitmc

Post by rohitmc » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:56 pm

Have a ticket open with them and hopefully they can fix this. Had high hopes for Ooma and now my phone is down from last 4 days.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:03 pm

rohitmc wrote:Have a ticket open with them and hopefully they can fix this. Had high hopes for Ooma and now my phone is down from last 4 days.
One last thought:
Sometimes if the Ooma phone number that you are using now, doesn't mean anything to you, you can get Ooma to give you another working number that may fix your problem.
But be careful that Ooma doen't try to charge you for a replacement phone number.