Voicemail 2.0 - Poor Rollout

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
rllaysatx
Re: Voicemail 2.0 - Poor Rollout

Post by rllaysatx » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:42 pm

@ Donna: Thank you for your response. I have multiple reasons for wanting to save my messages. I like the folders idea, and plan on using it.

I still need a way to save the messages I got before the voice-mail to email feature was offered.

1kenthomas

Post by 1kenthomas » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:58 pm

For those looking for bulk download, voicemail seems to be stored at:

Code: Select all

/inbox/download_message?caller_name=12706815457&message_uid=440
Where message_uid is the message identifier.

I'll post a bash script once I've tested and downloaded; else, you can roll your own in the meantime :P

Agreed that this change is a(nother) major fra-chkup on the part of OOMA; // they don't seem to get the Cloud, persistent data or reliability. You never delete your users data; you treat it as sacred.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:42 am

1kenthomas wrote:Agreed that this change is a(nother) major fra-chkup on the part of OOMA; // they don't seem to get the Cloud, persistent data or reliability. You never delete your users data; you treat it as sacred.
Maybe I am missing it but who allows you to keep your VMs forever? Even cell service (you pay arm & leg every month btw) won't let u keep VMs for more than 30 days?! Also, good luck downloading your VMs as mp3s from your cell service. Even if lots of service let you keep VMs forever, how many % of people actually do want to keep them all?!
Last I heard, Ooma allows 33 hrs of VM storage per user (1GB); I don't think they deserve this kind of overly critical remarks.

EricJRW

Post by EricJRW » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:44 am

My only issue with the roll-out (and I'm sure it's been said previously, I just did not look) is that ooma did not port the saved calls over. Not a big deal to me and once I learned I could download the VMs, that was way cool.

Oh, FYI, Sprint just rolled out their new version of Visual Voice Mail, which allows downloading of voice-mails to your SD card. Sadly I have to clean up my internal memory of apps before I can get the download, but I do like the idea.
ooma hub with one scout (looking to add at least one more)
Premier Service (I was not expecting to do this, but I love the Premier features)
Panasonic KX-TG4024 (w/ 4 handsets)
Customer since November 2010
Internet access: FiOS 15/5