Can't make or receive calls

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
donnabonnett
Can't make or receive calls

Post by donnabonnett » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:42 pm

Up until about a week and a half ago, my ooma worked fine. Now when I go to make a call, there is the little musical tone and the dial tone. But after I dial the requested number, it does nothing. Just sits there and never connects or anything. Samething for incoming calls. Goes to voice mail. I've tried 3 diffrent phones connected to the ooma, but the same thing happens. Can anyone tell me what to do to fix it? PLEASE????? :cry:

thunderbird

Re: Can't make or receive calls

Post by thunderbird » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:18 pm

Power off the Ooma device for One hour. This allows time for the Ooma servers to reload/reset/correct your Ooma profile. Then repower the Ooma device and test. While the Ooma device is off-line, also reboot your modem.

donnabonnett

Post by donnabonnett » Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:26 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. going to go and do it right now!!!! Will let you know if it works,,,for others info in case they have the same problem!!!
thanks again,,
donna

donnabonnett

Post by donnabonnett » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:05 pm

Well, that didn't work. I unplugged the OOMA for 2 1/2 hours and reset the DSL box. Still nothing but a dial tone. No connection on outgoing calls or incoming. What is left to do now?

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:26 pm

donnabonnett wrote:Well, that didn't work. I unplugged the OOMA for 2 1/2 hours and reset the DSL box. Still nothing but a dial tone. No connection on outgoing calls or incoming. What is left to do now?
Go into My Ooma to Blacklists, https://my.ooma.com/blacklists and remove the check marks in front of Enable community blacklist and Enable personal blacklist, then save.
Then go into My Ooma, https://my.ooma.com/privacy and remove the check marks in front of Block display of my caller-ID for outbound calls and Enable anonymous call block, then save.

It takes a while for these changes to take effect. Sometimes the changes can be speeded up by removing power from the Ooma device for 20 minutes, then repowering the Ooma device. Then test by calling your number with your cell phone, and calling from your Ooma phone to your cell phone.

If you have check marks in My Ooma, Privacy, that may be your problem.

One other thing to do is to push on the Envelope button of the face of the Ooma Telo, until it turns yellow. Then push on the Envelope button again until it turns Blue.

donnabonnett

Post by donnabonnett » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:11 pm

This is soooo strange. I did what you said,,,unplugged the ooma for 20 minutes and replugged it back in. I also unmarked the 2 places in "security" and the other one. Then I held the envelope until it turned yellow and said that I turned on the do not disturb. Then I held it down again, and it turned off the do not disturb.
I tried calling out on the phone,,,still nothing. I tried callin on it, and it would not ring. Just get the voicemail message that "there is no one available to take your call, etc". But I tried calling the 2nd OOMA phone number I have,,,and after my cellphone connected and I could here it ringing on my cellphone, the phone started ringing. But only on the 2nd phone number,,,not the original one. But I still cannot call out on it.
Are there any more tricks up your sleeve Mr. Thurnderbird? You seem pretty knowledgeable with this thing....I do hope you have some more things I can try. Thank you for what you've done so far!!!!

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:24 pm

donnabonnett wrote:This is soooo strange. I did what you said,,,unplugged the ooma for 20 minutes and replugged it back in. I also unmarked the 2 places in "security" and the other one. Then I held the envelope until it turned yellow and said that I turned on the do not disturb. Then I held it down again, and it turned off the do not disturb.
I tried calling out on the phone,,,still nothing. I tried callin on it, and it would not ring. Just get the voicemail message that "there is no one available to take your call, etc". But I tried calling the 2nd OOMA phone number I have,,,and after my cellphone connected and I could here it ringing on my cellphone, the phone started ringing. But only on the 2nd phone number,,,not the original one. But I still cannot call out on it.
Are there any more tricks up your sleeve Mr. Thurnderbird? You seem pretty knowledgeable with this thing....I do hope you have some more things I can try. Thank you for what you've done so far!!!!
If you haven't done so already go into My Ooma https://my.ooma.com/system and enable Ten Digit calling. Then save. Then test. It may take a while for this change to take effect.

Also try calling out with *67, *98, or *96. Example: *67-1-xxx-xxx-xxxx

If you don't have an Ooma Telo handset, if you have a Flash button on the phone, press flash to toggle between line 1 and line 2. Or you can pickup the phone and get dial tone, then push the Line 2 or Line 1 buttons on the face of the Ooma Telo to change lines.

Please report all of these problems to Ooma Customer Support so they know what's going one, and they may have a permanent fix, instead of work arounds. But keep the forum informed also.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

donnabonnett

Post by donnabonnett » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:34 pm

thank you so much for your patience and understanding. I've tried everything you've suggested, but to no avail. When I went to the system preferances and checked the enable 10 digit dialing,,,it would not save it. Everythime I would leave that page and go back, it would be unchecked. I will let you rest now and I will call them directly tomorrow.
Thank you once again, and God Bless!!
Donna :P

murphy

Post by murphy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:50 pm

Is your credit card information up to date in your my.ooma account?
If they try to charge your credit card and it is rejected they will disable your unit.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

donnabonnett

Post by donnabonnett » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:57 pm

Yes, in fact, they just took the payment last week. So not sure what is going on. I will call them tomorrow and hopefully they will be able to get me working again. Thank you for your input and maybe one of these days we'll get it straight. I will post again after I get in touch with customer service tomorrow, in case anyone else has this same problem.

thank you again,
Donna