Telo Disconnects Every Few Days

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
rds4640
Telo Disconnects Every Few Days

Post by rds4640 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:37 pm

I've had the Telo (with wifi usb adapter) for about a month and it's working great except for one issue. Every 4-5 days it disconnects (get red flashing light). I then have to unpug the Telo and replug it in and it connects righ tup and works great again for about a week. My setup is
Telo wifi.
IP is reserved through router.
It gets a very strong wifi signal and I don't have any wifi issues with any other wireless device.
Positive no other device is stepping on the address (all devices are reserved and DHCP is set outside that range).
Any ideas? I hate having to look at it to make sure it is online.

lbmofo

Re: Telo Disconnects Every Few Days

Post by lbmofo » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:26 pm

Have you tried DHCP reservation within DHCP IP address range?

Example, I give my Telo wifi adpater 192.168.0.101 and my DHCP range is 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.199

Telo Device Status page (http://192.168.0.101/status.lp) shows:

TO INTERNET port: Disconnected
WIRELESS port: Connected:[192.168.0.101]
HOME NETWORK port: Disconnected
OOMA Tunnel: Connected

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:00 am

rds4640 wrote:I've had the Telo (with wifi usb adapter) for about a month and it's working great except for one issue. Every 4-5 days it disconnects (get red flashing light). I then have to unpug the Telo and replug it in and it connects righ tup and works great again for about a week. My setup is
Telo wifi.
It gets a very strong wifi signal and I don't have any wifi issues with any other wireless device.
Positive no other device is stepping on the address (all devices are reserved and DHCP is set outside that range).
When there is an Internet interruption in your home's LAN, Ooma Telos will normally reconnect by itself, except when using Wi-Fi. It's been found that when using Wi-Fi, sometimes the Ooma Telo will reconnect to the Internet, but sometimes an Ooma Telo connected to the Internet using Wi-Fi, won’t reconnect.

Since you already have your device reserved, contact Ooma Customer Support and report your problem. I and a few others have reported this problem, so if you add your name to the list, maybe Ooma will work on a fix.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

zten

Post by zten » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:08 pm

rds4640 wrote:I've had the Telo (with wifi usb adapter) for about a month and it's working great except for one issue. Every 4-5 days it disconnects (get red flashing light). I then have to unpug the Telo and replug it in and it connects righ tup and works great again for about a week. My setup is
Telo wifi.
I used have a problem with a similar symptom. However I have a wired connection. I was connected modem==>telo==>router. I changed to modem==>router==>telo and the problem never came back.