Trying to access guest account on modem

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
creeker2
Trying to access guest account on modem

Post by creeker2 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:14 am

My modem has a guest sign-on feature. When I attempt to hook up the ooma to the guest account (unsecured) it recognizes the network but won't let me enter the password required to access the guest feature. Possibly because it is an unsecured network. This might be a bug in the ooma software.

thunderbird

Re: Trying to access guest account on modem

Post by thunderbird » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:26 am

creeker2 wrote:My modem has a guest sign-on feature. When I attempt to hook up the ooma to the guest account (unsecured) it recognizes the network but won't let me enter the password required to access the guest feature. Possibly because it is an unsecured network. This might be a bug in the ooma software.
One way you could avoid this problem is to connect your Ooma, Modem-Router-Ooma. With this connection nothing is connected to the Ooma Home port, except temporarily connecting a computer to access Ooma Set Up to view settings and to make changes to those settings. With a Modem-Router-Ooma connection setup, the Ooma Setup Quality of Service Upstream and Downstream Internet Speed settings are normally set to Zero.