Integrating - voicemail and call waiting

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
oldmonk
Integrating - voicemail and call waiting

Post by oldmonk » Mon May 11, 2009 3:59 am

I have integrated Ooma with my Optimum Voice line (which has call waiting and voicemail). I see/hear the call waiting beep. If I choose to ignore the incoming call Ooma does not pick up the voicemail. Optimum does and kicks me out of my current call when it does pick up the voice mail. I tried disabling call waiting and voicemail with optimum voice but no luck. Disabling voicemail still kicks me out when I ignore (optimum evntually puts out a message that I don't have voicemail). Oooma does not handling the incoming call - seems to be going thru optimum.
Any thoughts? BTW. Ooma never responds to support emails - Why would I ever sign up for premier if this is the standard of support??

bw1

Re: Integrating - voicemail and call waiting

Post by bw1 » Mon May 11, 2009 6:32 am

oldmonk wrote: BTW. Ooma never responds to support emails - Why would I ever sign up for premier if this is the standard of support??
For whatever reason they seem to be focusing support on their phone support instead of email. Try calling them.

oldmonk

Post by oldmonk » Mon May 11, 2009 8:04 am

Thanks for your response. The phone support is great!

bw1

Post by bw1 » Mon May 11, 2009 9:23 am

I would think that they could add a ticket submission system to the lounge and improve support and lower their support costs.