Calling cell phones prompts for PIN, instead of voicemail.

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
wcgenzer
Calling cell phones prompts for PIN, instead of voicemail.

Post by wcgenzer » Mon May 11, 2009 6:17 am

Ok, this is weird, and I'm sorry if this has been discussed already (I tried searching the forums first, but couldn't find an answer)

We recently got ooma, and signed up with the premier service. So far, I love the service - can't wait 'till our home number is ported so I can cancel the land line!

Anyway, I've noticed something strange, when calling cell phones, and nobody answers. Instead of their voicemail picking up, and prompting to leave a message, I get a voice asking for a PIN number... I can call the same number, on my land line, and voicemail picks up like normal, and I'm able to leave a message.

This has happened, so far, with at least three different cell numbers, so I'm assuming it will behave the same way with any cell number we call. Regular land line numbers have been working perfectly, so far.

When someone is available to answer the call - it works just fine, it only does this when nobody answers, and the call goes to voicemail (or rather, supposed to go to voicemail)

bw1

Re: Calling cell phones prompts for PIN, instead of voicemail.

Post by bw1 » Mon May 11, 2009 6:22 am

I've never had the problem, but I remember reading about others:

http://forums.ooma.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... cemail+pin

wcgenzer

Post by wcgenzer » Mon May 11, 2009 6:29 am

Ahh, thank you so much! I'm going to try what they suggested in that thread. I bet that'll fix it.

wcgenzer

Post by wcgenzer » Mon May 11, 2009 9:19 am

Disabling the connection tone, fixed it!

bw1

Post by bw1 » Mon May 11, 2009 9:22 am

Good to hear! Something else to add to a FAQ/Wiki.

Disabling the connection tone was one of the first things I did. But I can see how you would want it if you had a landline integrated with ooma.