Ooma Telo not working.......???

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
tonybafaro
Ooma Telo not working.......???

Post by tonybafaro » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:06 pm

All of the sudden I have no phone service.... The only lights that are lit on the Ooma are the 1 and the 2. I bypassed the unit to check my internet and all is working fine. I unplugged it and waited a few minutes and plugged it back in, normally I get the red flashing emblem and the rolling lights to show it is checking for updates and firing up and such, but now nothing. Just the 1 and the 2 are lit.

Any ideas?

thunderbird

Re: Ooma Telo not working.......???

Post by thunderbird » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:15 pm

tonybafaro wrote:All of the sudden I have no phone service.... The only lights that are lit on the Ooma are the 1 and the 2. I bypassed the unit to check my internet and all is working fine. I unplugged it and waited a few minutes and plugged it back in, normally I get the red flashing emblem and the rolling lights to show it is checking for updates and firing up and such, but now nothing. Just the 1 and the 2 are lit.

Any ideas?
It sounds like your Ooma Telo is stuck at the beginning of the Boot loader.
Sometimes this helps:
Remove power from the Ooma Telo. Disconnect the network and phone cables, and anything connected to the USB port. Repower the Ooma Telo and see if it will boot as far as the red Ooma flashing symbol. If so, you may plug in the network and phone cables.

If the Ooma Telo remains stuck, if it is within the one year warranty period, you can contact Ooma Customer Support and have them send you a replacement Ooma Telo. The Ooma Telo comes shipping prepaid, and there is a prepaid shipping label enclosed to ship the defective Ooma Telo back.

Or you can take your Ooma Telo back to the place where you purchased it and exchange it for a serviceable unit. In that case you still have to call Ooma Customer Service and have them change your profile information from the defective unit to the replacement unit. Don't try to go into My Ooma and reregister the replacement Ooma Telo.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST