Ooma Hub died--- Transformer melted

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
KrK
Ooma Hub died--- Transformer melted

Post by KrK » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:26 pm

I've had Ooma for a about two years. A few weeks back I lost service. A quick check of my Ooma hub revealed it was dead, no lights, no evidence of power.

When I examined the "Wall wart" transformer, I noticed immediately:- it appeared to have seriously overheated and partially melted. It was cold and not operating.

Hoping it was just the transformer, I picked up another Ooma Hub system on ebay.

However, when I plugged in the new power transformer, my old Hub remains dead, no indication of power up.

Are these things repairable? I do have the new Hub system but I do not wish to lose my phone #, and my status (I don't pay any fees.) I need to get it back up and running.... help? Options? Can I plug in the new Hub? Where do I send it for repairs?

Thank you!

lbmofo

Re: Ooma Hub died--- Transformer melted

Post by lbmofo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:02 am

You can call Ooma customer care and ask for 2nd level agent or higher to address your concerns. Once you find an agent that know about Core, you can ask about options.

chansuresh

Post by chansuresh » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:40 pm

Hi KrK,

I have same problem. Though no sign of melting on transformer it has no power coming out when I checked with multi-tester. But when I plug in other transformers from the house to the Hub it does not light up. Where you able to get the old Hub to work? I would be very grateful if you could share whatever you might have learned from talking to Ooma tech support or others to get it working again.

Suresh

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:44 am

chansuresh wrote:Hi KrK,

I have same problem. Though no sign of melting on transformer it has no power coming out when I checked with multi-tester. But when I plug in other transformers from the house to the Hub it does not light up. Where you able to get the old Hub to work? I would be very grateful if you could share whatever you might have learned from talking to Ooma tech support or others to get it working again.

Suresh
Long shots but I have to ask:
Did you check the power coming out of the replacement power adapters?

Is the Ooma Hub lights rheostat turned up all of the way?