Pleasing the wife.

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
pazl
Pleasing the wife.

Post by pazl » Tue May 01, 2012 7:37 am

Okay the wife doesn't want to switch phone number to ooma till she is satisfied with the service. So I have forwarded the ATT line to ooma. Now I'm mot sure if this is the forwarded line or just an ooma idiosyncrasy. the att phone line give one short ring. then handset 1 rings then handsets 1 &2 rings, finally handsets 1, 2 & 3 rings. The wife is of course normally at handset 3 location, she is unfamiliar with the ooma hand set. The result, the caller either hangs up or it goes to voice mail. Result, the wife is not getting a satisfactory experience, and I continue to give att cash that is not something they normally earn for each months service. I would much rather user Ooma premier but am not willing to spend cash for ATT and Ooma cause the wife is not happy with Ooma. any suggestions on the phone ringing order, is it just a ooma wart in performance or is it something I can fix on my end??

murphy

Re: Pleasing the wife.

Post by murphy » Tue May 01, 2012 8:18 am

I think the short ring on the ATT phone is their way of reminding you that the line is forwarded.
Unplug the ATT phone and that goes away.

What are handsets 1, 2, and 3?

A regular phone connected to the Phone jack on the Telo or Telo handsets or both.

I have a regular phone and three Telo handsets.
The regular phone rings first and then all three Telo handsets ring at the same time.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

pazl

Post by pazl » Tue May 01, 2012 8:36 am

Yep att ring is just a reminder, but also a 'delay' I suspect for the next ring. I have no standard phone connected to ooma, just 3 ooma handsets. ATT ring happens on att phone line.

Because of wifes distrust of new technology, I can't just disconnect att, sure wish I could

EX Bell

Post by EX Bell » Sun May 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Strange that the three Telo handsets are ring sequentially rather than simultaneously. Why not just move handset 1 next to the wife so she'll get the first ring after the short ring from AT&T?
Customer Since: 1/17/12
Service: Premier 1/30/2012
BELL Canada Port: 1/30/12 - 2/13/12
TekSavvy via BELL FTTN: 25 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: Sagemcom 2864 > Cisco E2000 > Time Capsule v1 > Telo
Handsets: Panasonic KX-TG6655S DECT 6.0