Ooma hub - red light blinks then nothing

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
rmueller
Ooma hub - red light blinks then nothing

Post by rmueller » Tue May 01, 2012 8:35 am

:!: I have been happy with my Ooma service for the last 2 1/2 years. However, I am not happy with the hardware. I have the white (original) hub.

About a year ago, the speaker on the hub stopped working. Tried resetting the hardware many times, to no avail. Currently using scout or website to get messages.

About a week ago, my DSL went down. After reconnecting, the Ooma red light appeared. To fix, I reset all my hardware and started from scratch:
- ATT/Seimens modem (xxstream? 5100)
- Dlink DIR-655 : reset to factory settings. Then reconnected using instructions from a documented post on this site
- Ooma original hub : tried to reset, but believe it's not getting reset to factory settings

Everything was connected just fine except Ooma. I have tried a number of posts on this forum, to no avail. HELP! Resetting the Ooma hub is not working. (press tab for :30, 1:00, 1:30 (IOW, multiple tries) the lights blink on and off for the first 20 seconds, then nothing.
Plugging power in to a new output (not working)

I can log into the Ooma through IP address, Everything appears to be set correctly.

After attempting to reset through steps above, all I get is a red double blink every :30 (or 60) seconds or so, then nothing. No blue lights and no constant red light. Is the hardware dead???

Thanks in advance!
Ooma customer since July, 2009
Ooma original hub, DSL: AT&T, Modem: Dlink DIR-655

murphy

Re: Ooma hub - red light blinks then nothing

Post by murphy » Tue May 01, 2012 9:05 am

There are no constant red lights on a hub. When it is online all eight buttons are off.
The tab should glow blue but it can be turned off with the knob on the right side of the unit.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

rmueller

Post by rmueller » Tue May 01, 2012 9:37 am

Thanks, I am saying that my tab is NOT blue anymore. It was blue for over 2 years now.
When I try and connect the hub, I get a series of red blinking lights across the buttons and the tab. After 20 seconds or so, all the lights go blank, and the tab is no longer red nor blue. The tab is blank, except it does a short two red blinks about every minute or so. The buttons do not respond, and my phone line has NO signal.

I've tried numerous steps to reset the hardware, but am unsuccessful.

If anybody can help me out, I'd appreciate it!

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue May 01, 2012 9:51 am

rmueller wrote:Thanks, I am saying that my tab is NOT blue anymore. It was blue for over 2 years now.
When I try and connect the hub, I get a series of red blinking lights across the buttons and the tab. After 20 seconds or so, all the lights go blank, and the tab is no longer red nor blue. The tab is blank, except it does a short two red blinks about every minute or so. The buttons do not respond, and my phone line has NO signal.

I've tried numerous steps to reset the hardware, but am unsuccessful.

If anybody can help me out, I'd appreciate it!
I'm searching my ancient memory here but is your credit card information up to date in your my.ooma account.
If your card's expiration date passes and you don't update it they will disable your hardware.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

rmueller

Post by rmueller » Tue May 01, 2012 10:02 am

Yes, Yes!

My credit card was expired. Why would they need my credit card if I don't use any of their additional services?? Any why wouldn't they contact me about this?

I will update the credit card info and try again tonight. Thanks!

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Tue May 01, 2012 10:16 am

If this is the same situation where you paid $11.75 annual taxes per year and now have to pay monthly taxes without a valid credit card on file, then the signal changed from flashing blue tab to 2 red flashes every minute.

Previous post on this topic (if same situation): viewtopic.php?t=10679

rmueller

Post by rmueller » Wed May 02, 2012 7:19 am

Last night I went through and reinstalled (and reset) the Ooma hub. Now I'm getting a solid red light. I can navigate to the ooma setup screen, and looks like all the setup parameters are correct.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed May 02, 2012 7:44 am

rmueller wrote:Status:
Last night I went through and reinstalled (and reset) the Ooma hub. Now I'm getting a solid red light. I can navigate to the ooma setup screen, and looks like all the setup parameters are correct.
It's good news that you can access the Ooma Setup pages. You will probably have to call Ooma Customer Support and have them give you Ooma device a "kick Start" from their end.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

rmueller

Post by rmueller » Wed May 02, 2012 8:48 am

Question:
Is it possible that I have not properly 'bridged' my modem and router correctly? This is something that I re-set from scratch (using notes). While my multi-PC home network is all fine now, maybe the phone set-up between router/modem isn't???

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed May 02, 2012 1:29 pm

rmueller wrote:Question:
Is it possible that I have not properly 'bridged' my modem and router correctly? This is something that I re-set from scratch (using notes). While my multi-PC home network is all fine now, maybe the phone set-up between router/modem isn't???
Do you have DSL Internet service? If so you have to enter the Name and Password in Ooma Setup.

For a Modem-Ooma Hub-Router Connection:

Access Ooma Setup. Click on the Network tab.

If you have DSL, following Connection type: click on the down arrow and select PPPoE. Next enter your DSL User Name and Password. Next click on Update device. Remove power from the Modem and Ooma Hub. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Ooma Hub. Check and see if you have an Ooma dial tone.

***OR***

If you have any other Internet service, following Connection type: click on the down arrow and select Automatic or Dynamic (DHCP). Next click on Update device. Remove power from the Modem and Ooma Hub. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Ooma Hub. Check and see if you have an Ooma dial tone.