Ooma Telo 1 and 2 Lights Still blue

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
toxiclabs
Ooma Telo 1 and 2 Lights Still blue

Post by toxiclabs » Sat May 12, 2012 10:11 am

Hello

This morning I noticed that the Ooma telo lights 1 and 2 are blue. No other icons are lit. So I immediately called customer support.

I am out of warranty, this ooma telo 1 and 2 Lights Still blue after all the troubleshooting I have done including search on this forum and customer support. I heard the bootloader is broken.

I asked politely if they could replace it at no charge, saddly they said sorry!
Customer support said I should purchase a $99 new telo from them or I could also purchase $79 refurbished one. Should I?

I also purchased a http://obihai.com/ from amazon that uses google voice. However it doesn't offer e911 but I think it is used as a backup.

I need help from this community for any other trouble shooting suggestions or if anyone can help me look for one that is used and cheap.
I don't know what to do, give them more money.?
Last edited by toxiclabs on Wed May 16, 2012 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

thunderbird

Re: Ooma Telo 1 and 2 Lights Still blue

Post by thunderbird » Sat May 12, 2012 10:28 am

toxiclabs wrote:Hello

This morning I noticed that the Ooma telo lights 1 and 2 are blue. No other icons are lit. So I immediately called customer support.

I am out of warranty, this ooma telo 1 and 2 Lights Still blue after all the troubleshooting I have done including search on this forum and customer support. I heard the bootloader is broken.

I asked politely if they could replace it at no charge, saddly they said sorry!
Customer support said I should purchase a $99 new telo from them or I could also purchase $79 refurbished one. Should I?

I also purchased a http://obihai.com/ from amazon that uses google voice. However it doesn't offer e911 but I think it is used as a backup.

I need help from this community for any other trouble shooting suggestions or if anyone can help me look for one that is used and cheap.
I don't know what to do, give them more money.?

Reference Ticket# 102512-000094
Without a doubt I would purcahase the $79 refurbished Ooma Telo, especially if there is a one year Warranty period for the refurbished unit.

But first, did Ooma Support have you remove power from your Ooma Telo, then disconnect all of the network cables, phone cables, Bluetooth and Wireless Wi-Fi devices from your Ooma Telo. With only the power adapter connected, Repower the Ooma Telo and see if it will boot beyond the Line 1 and Line 2 lights. Sometimes this works and it will boot to the Red flashing Ooma Symbol. So if you haven't tried it, do so. If you do see the Red flashing symbol, remove power from the Ooma Telo and connect everything again and try it.

toxiclabs

Post by toxiclabs » Sat May 12, 2012 1:26 pm

^^ I have tried with only the power cord, nothing happens, 1 and 2 are still blue
:(

MAR

Post by MAR » Sun May 13, 2012 9:20 am

I had a thunderstorm last night and got the dreaded "1 and 2 lights only." No other lights came on when powering the Teleo back up. Based on comments here, I thought the reboot process was broken and the unit was fried. By chance, I left the power plugged in anyway and walked away for, I guess, 30 minutes (internet and phone lines unconnected). When I came back, the unit now had the red flashing ooma symbol. I plugged in the internet and phone lines and shortly the system came back on line. This may not work for everyone, but the unit may reboot if you leave the power on the unit for some period of time after you experience this specific problem (only the 1 and 2 lights being lit and no immediate reboot taking place).

toxiclabs

Post by toxiclabs » Mon May 14, 2012 6:59 am

I let it run for 24 hrs straight to see if the 1 and 2 lights can progress further. No results and their was no thunderstorm in my area.

So i am temporary going to get obihai to work than I am emailing the ceo.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Mon May 14, 2012 8:03 am

toxiclabs wrote:I let it run for 24 hrs straight to see if the 1 and 2 lights can progress further. No results and their was no thunderstorm in my area.

So i am temporary going to get obihai to work than I am emailing the ceo.
Leave the Ooma telo set for a few days with only the the power plugged in. Connect no other devices, phone or network cables.

toxiclabs

Post by toxiclabs » Mon May 14, 2012 9:45 am

ill leave it on for a week to see if their are any changes
thank you
and i will report back

toxiclabs

Post by toxiclabs » Wed May 16, 2012 9:44 am

The thing is officially broken, 3 days no change in lights 1 and 2. Purchased a refurbished one $79.99 (comes with 1 year warranty) and guess what, the extending warranty is 39.99 per year (considering :x ).

I have purchased another voip solution--OBIHai
I purchased the OBIHAi product and I have to say it is amazing, it even has a reset to factory button in the back which the ooma doesn't have. You can tell when it is updating (turns orange) Uses google voice and the e911 service is a third party which is only 1.50 charge per use. And the box is at a great price. Only cost me $45.

I'll use OOMA for another year and I will decide if I want to stay with OOMA or move on.

THIS IS A WARNING TO PEOPLE. THIS IS MY THIRD REPLACEMENT. WHY SHOULD CUSTOMERS HAVE TO PURCHASE A WARRANTY WHEN OOMA IS EXPECTED TO LAST THE CONSIDERED 5 YEARS. EVEN SO, NO PRODUCT SHOULD HAVE DEFECTIVE PROBLEMS THAT CAUSES YOU TO PURCHASE ANOTHER ONE WHEN THE OOMA TELO IS AT THE SECOND GENERATION AND CUSTOMERS SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DISH OUT MORE MONEY TO BUY A WARRANTY.

You don't have to reply, just read it and understand that I am not the only one with this problem. Just google OOMA Lights 1 and 2.Could happen to you.