Cannot make or receive calls

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
jhumroo
Cannot make or receive calls

Post by jhumroo » Sun May 20, 2012 6:16 am

I have the original Ooma device and since this morning, I can't make outgoing calls or receive calls. I hear the dial-tone, but when I make a call, there is silence. When I try to call the Ooma number, it goes to voicemail.

I've rebooted everything, but still no luck. It did take quite a while for the Red blinking light to turn to Blue, upon reboot, but still can't make or receive calls.

lbmofo

Re: Cannot make or receive calls

Post by lbmofo » Sun May 20, 2012 6:32 am

jhumroo wrote:I hear the dial-tone, but when I make a call, there is silence. When I try to call the Ooma number, it goes to voicemail.
This usually means your Ooma lost internet connection. Have you done something to your network recently like getting a new router that your Ooma is connected to?

Or your blue tab has been flashing for a while (need to update credit card info if you are on the hook to pay RRF/taxes): viewtopic.php?t=10679

Ooma Customer Service:
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

jhumroo

Post by jhumroo » Sun May 20, 2012 7:09 am

lbmofo wrote:
jhumroo wrote:I hear the dial-tone, but when I make a call, there is silence. When I try to call the Ooma number, it goes to voicemail.
This usually means your Ooma lost internet connection. Have you done something to your network recently like getting a new router that your Ooma is connected to?

Or your blue tab has been flashing for a while (need to update credit card info if you are on the hook to pay RRF/taxes): viewtopic.php?t=10679

Ooma Customer Service:
Haven't changed the router setup. Blue light is not blinking.

However, I once again reset everything and now it seems to be working.

Thanks

jhumroo

Post by jhumroo » Sun May 20, 2012 9:14 am

jhumroo wrote:
lbmofo wrote:

Ooma Customer Service:
Haven't changed the router setup. Blue light is not blinking.

However, I once again reset everything and now it seems to be working.

Thanks
Back to not working. don't know whats going on.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sun May 20, 2012 10:05 am

jhumroo wrote: Back to not working. don't know whats going on.
First make sure you can access the Internet site like google.com with a computer.

Remove power from you Modem, Ooma device, and Router.
Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Ooma device or Router, which ever is next in line. When the Ooma device or Router is done booting, repower the remaining device.

jhumroo

Post by jhumroo » Sun May 20, 2012 4:04 pm

thunderbird wrote:
jhumroo wrote: Back to not working. don't know whats going on.
First make sure you can access the Internet site like google.com with a computer.

Remove power from you Modem, Ooma device, and Router.
Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Ooma device or Router, which ever is next in line. When the Ooma device or Router is done booting, repower the remaining device.
Yes, I can access the Internet. Rebooted everything twice. Ooma works for some time then it doesn’t, but blue light stays on. I get the dial tone, but the calls don't go through, nor can I receive calls.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sun May 20, 2012 4:15 pm

jhumroo:
Try these things:
Use Built In MAC address.
If your Ooma device is connected Modem-Ooma-Router, access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Remove power from your Modem and the Ooma Device. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting repower your Ooma device.

If your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from your Ooma device home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if turned on. Reboot the computer. Access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Remove power from your Modem, your Router and Ooma Device. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting repower your Router. When the Router is done booting, repower your Ooma device.

Next if that didn't work do the following.
Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line.

If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You will have to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle.

jhumroo

Post by jhumroo » Mon May 21, 2012 10:39 am

thunderbird wrote:jhumroo:
Try these things:
Use Built In MAC address.
If your Ooma device is connected Modem-Ooma-Router, access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Remove power from your Modem and the Ooma Device. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting repower your Ooma device.

If your connection is Modem-Router-Ooma, temporarily connect a network cable from your Ooma device home port, to the wired LAN port of a computer. Temporarily turn off Wi-Fi in the computer, if turned on. Reboot the computer. Access your Ooma Setup pages by typing http://172.27.35.1 in your computer browser window. The Ooma Setup pages open. Click on Internet, go down to INTERNET Port MAC Address: and change setting from Automatic to Use Built In. Click on Update device. Remove power from your Modem, your Router and Ooma Device. Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting repower your Router. When the Router is done booting, repower your Ooma device.

Next if that didn't work do the following.
Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line.

If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You will have to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle.
Are these instructions applicable to the original Ooma device?
I don't have an Ooma Telo.

RP75

Post by RP75 » Mon May 21, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi I am not able to receive any calls they make from India mobile phones. Tried rebooting and removing the call block feature but still not able to get any calls.
Last edited by RP75 on Tue May 22, 2012 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

rcoley

Post by rcoley » Mon May 21, 2012 3:36 pm

I'm having the same problem. I can't make or receive calls. The phone rings when dialed and I can hear a dial tone and it will ring my cell phone, however, I can't hear the ringing over the Ooma phone nor is a connection made between the Ooma and the cell.

I've tried all the suggested reset sequences. The factory reset hasn't worked. The recording is audible and I push 1, however the lighting sequence on the Ooma device never changes, with or without hanging up.

I've also tried a second phone connected to the device with no luck.

Thanks