Text Message to Ooma number

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
lazman
Text Message to Ooma number

Post by lazman » Sun May 20, 2012 8:12 am

I just got stood up for a date. After getting back home and calling her she claimed that she sent me a text trying to confirm the date and since she didn't get a reply, she thought the date was off. Evidently text messages to normal land lines get a rejection message, whereas to my line it didn't.

So what is the expected behavior when someone text's an Ooma number (I don't use Ooma mobile or anything like that.)? If she didn't get the expected rejection message was it her provider's fault or Ooma's? Or is this girl just full of it! :)

Thanks for the help.

lbmofo

Re: Text Message to Ooma number

Post by lbmofo » Sun May 20, 2012 3:11 pm

I think sending txt to landline carrier numbers do result in "error" txt coming back.

Also big business provided numbers such as Integra, MCI result in "error" as well.

However, it would be a hit and miss if you send to VoIP serviced numbers. The limited testing I've done, I get "error" for MagicJack and iTalkBB numbers but not Comcast VoIP. Of course, Ooma numbers, you don't get "error" either (at least with XO serviced numbers; there is one number serviced by Ooma's Level 3 carrier that resulted in "error" but don't know if that's due to the number ported to Ooma less than a month from big landline or not).

Personal opinion on your topic: The gal should not have relied on txt for date confirmation. If you like her enough, forget about this snafu and give her another shot. If not, move on :)