Cannot make or receive calls

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
thunderbird
Re: Cannot make or receive calls

Post by thunderbird » Mon May 21, 2012 4:45 pm

jhumroo wrote: Are these instructions applicable to the original Ooma device?
I don't have an Ooma Telo.
For the Ooma Hub, changing to use Built In MAC Address is almost identical to the Ooma Telo procedrue. The words Internet are replaced by Network.

The reset procedure for the Ooma Hub is as Follows:

Notice that you can do a factory reset of the Scout also.

See these threads:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8124&hilit=factory+Reset+Scout
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4557&p=32600&hilit= ... out#p32600
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2704

Did you do the factory reset for the Hub, then the Scout:

Hub and/or Scout factory reset sequence:

1) Remove the power for the Ooma device.
2) Hold down the Ooma tab [blue light] and connect the power. Hold for 30 seconds until all the lights start flashing.

Once the lights stop flashing, release the Ooma tab and the device will reset to factory settings.

Some people say they have to do the reset several times in a row before they have success.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Mon May 21, 2012 4:49 pm

RP75 wrote:Hi I am not able to receive any calls they make from India mobile phones. Try rebooting and removing the call block feture but still not able to get any calls.
Try removing power from the Ooma device for one hour. While the power is removed from teh Ooma device, reboot the Modem. After One hour, repower the Ooma device and test.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Mon May 21, 2012 4:49 pm

rcoley wrote:I'm having the same problem. I can't make or receive calls. The phone rings when dialed and I can hear a dial tone and it will ring my cell phone, however, I can't hear the ringing over the Ooma phone nor is a connection made between the Ooma and the cell.

I've tried all the suggested reset sequences. The factory reset hasn't worked. The recording is audible and I push 1, however the lighting sequence on the Ooma device never changes, with or without hanging up.

I've also tried a second phone connected to the device with no luck.

Thanks
Try removing power from the Ooma device for one hour. While the power is removed from teh Ooma device, reboot the Modem. After One hour, repower the Ooma device and test.