Voicemail Not Picking up on 4 Ring with Virtual #

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
wussery
Voicemail Not Picking up on 4 Ring with Virtual #

Post by wussery » Thu May 31, 2012 1:04 pm

I have voicemail set to pickup on the 4th ring, but the Ooma Telo gives a busy signal after the 4th or 5th ring when the vitual # is dialed. I have tried to reduce the pickup number to 3 rings, but to no avail. When I use my primary number, voicemail DOES pickup. Is this the way the virtual number is supposed to work?

I am using Google Voice also and this appears to be working as designed. I have programmed by Virtual # into Google Voice as my callback # as I was instructed in the Google Voice setup guide.

murphy

Re: Voicemail Not Picking up on 4 Ring with Virtual #

Post by murphy » Thu May 31, 2012 1:11 pm

When a virtual number is configured for the Google Voice Extension, calls are not supposed to be made to or from that number. It's sole purpose is for Ooma to connect with your Google Voice account.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

wussery

Re: Voicemail Not Picking up on 4 Ring with Virtual #

Post by wussery » Thu May 31, 2012 1:35 pm

murphy wrote:When a virtual number is configured for the Google Voice Extension, calls are not supposed to be made to or from that number. It's sole purpose is for Ooma to connect with your Google Voice account.
Okay, then it appears that everything is working just fine. I only give out my G-voice number anyway, but I was just testing every possible scenario and wanted to get this one issue clarified. Thanks