Ooma Telo beeps for one second every 20 to 50 seconds

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
lbmofo
Re: Ooma Telo beeps for one second every 20 to 50 seconds

Post by lbmofo » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:06 pm

karengfw wrote:I've now turned my ooma modem off for 30 minutes and then back on. Now the beeps are being heard only by the person on the other end of the conversation (not me) but it is just as annoying to her. The beep/warning signal has not stopped tho. I will give it a rest tonite and test one more time tomorrow before sending it back for a refund. I'm angry. I don't want to pay outrageous monthly fees to bill me for using my Internet connection to VOIP talk. Wish this worked...
I think karengfw is talking about DTMF talkoff. Try moving your mouth a bit away from the mouth piece of the phone to see if the other party notices improvements. For your reference: viewtopic.php?t=8068

karengfw

Post by karengfw » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:18 am

Well, this gives me something to think about and more testing again for DTMF talkoff signals. I have been testing with one particular person, so her voice may be a trigger and it happens less often when she is on her cell, plus we've had this "BEEP" or short tone sound heard on only one or the other end and the opposite end is totally garbling the words.

I will need this phone for important conversations and am thinking if it cannot be fixed, I will cancel and ask for refund. I've had no problems with Vonage VOIP and my other friend has no problems with her cable company (Comcast) service over VOIP, so this is still unexceptable.

Since I've done all the resets, including overnight powerdown, I will next deal with customer service hoping to resolve this.

karengfw

Post by karengfw » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:49 am

Just off phone with Cust.Support and have ticket. Thanks for cluing me in that it seems to be a DTMF talkoff problem. Now verified I have the latest firmware and the Engineering team is working on a better solution. I think I told them enough to escalate it to the highest priority. Not happy that returning unit would give me store credit rather than money in my pocket either. I'd rather have Ooma work than pay too much for another VOIP service which is still better than dealing with the local phone company in my opinion. Please, ENGINEERS, find a workable solution and install it here ASAP.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:59 am

karengfw wrote:Well, this gives me something to think about and more testing again for DTMF talkoff signals. I have been testing with one particular person, so her voice may be a trigger and it happens less often when she is on her cell, plus we've had this "BEEP" or short tone sound heard on only one or the other end and the opposite end is totally garbling the words.

I will need this phone for important conversations and am thinking if it cannot be fixed, I will cancel and ask for refund. I've had no problems with Vonage VOIP and my other friend has no problems with her cable company (Comcast) service over VOIP, so this is still unexceptable.

Since I've done all the resets, including overnight powerdown, I will next deal with customer service hoping to resolve this.
If you can get the person on the other end, whose voice is causing the DTMF tones, to slightly lower the volume of the their phone, most often this helps.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:36 am

karengfw, also for your info, I've read that you got a new AT&T phone? What kind is it? One of them multi-handset DECT 6.0 system? From experience, one model of Panasonic system may experience this a lot more than another. So the phone also has a lot to do with it.