No dial tone

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
manderson76
No dial tone

Post by manderson76 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:42 am

We have no dial tone on the Ooma system, whether direct connected or connected to the house phone wiring. The Ooma has been working for a few months until now.

I have rebooted everything from modem to router to Omma.

Ooma box lights indicate all is normal. When I pick up a line, there is no line number light.

Suggestions?

lbmofo

Re: No dial tone

Post by lbmofo » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:33 am

I think your Ooma is connected to the router? Go into Ooma setup page (setup.ooma.com connecting a laptop wifi off to the "home" port) and see if Ooma device got router IP and Ooma tunnel connected. If not, reboot your router and Ooma in sequence. Plug in your Ooma to a different router LAN port may help as well.

If your Ooma does have IP and Ooma tunnel connected, try a different phone.

thunderbird

Re: No dial tone

Post by thunderbird » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:51 am

manderson76 wrote:We have no dial tone on the Ooma system, whether direct connected or connected to the house phone wiring. The Ooma has been working for a few months until now.

I have rebooted everything from modem to router to Omma.

Ooma box lights indicate all is normal. When I pick up a line, there is no line number light.

Suggestions?
Check and see if the Envelope (Do Not Distrub) button on the face of the Ooma Telo is yellow.
Press the Envelope button until it turns Blue, which is the normal Ooma phone use mode.