Setting up Voicemail for Second Line

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
Big Kahuna
Re: Setting up Voicemail for Second Line

Post by Big Kahuna » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:36 am

When I was doing that I was getting the same recording giving my number and saying no one was available to take the call. I finally figured out that pressing * got me to the menu and got my recording set up.

My only problem left is that that line doesn't ring and goes right to voice mail, while the 1st line rings.

I appreciate all of the help -- and if you can roll me a bone with a hint on what I did to make it go right to voice mail -- I'd appreciate it.

murphy

Post by murphy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:00 am

If Do Not Disturb is enabled, all calls will go to voicemail.
Also if DND is enabled you should have a stutter dial tone.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Big Kahuna

Post by Big Kahuna » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:07 am

Listening to the dial tone on the second line -- I don't appear to have a stutter dial tone.

Where can I check the DND feature?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:22 am

https://www.ooma.com/app/support/do-not-disturb

Since your Telo handset is a personal device, you'd have to do it on the handset. You can turn Do Not Disturb off by pressing on the envelope button on your Ooma Telo handset and holding it for two seconds. This toggles DND on/off.

Big Kahuna

Post by Big Kahuna » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:10 am

I don't have a Ooma hand set -- but a Panasonic.

Let me see if I can search for the codes that turn it on and off

Big Kahuna

Post by Big Kahuna » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:17 am

I do have an envelope on the actual Ooma device that connects to the Internet. It is blue not yellow regardless of what line is pushed -- and pushing it appears to have no effect when either line has been selected.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:32 am

Uh oh. For a private voicemail or 2nd voicemail account, you'd have to have at least 1 Telo handset; or Scout if you have a Hub. No worries, you can wait for the HD2 handset that will come out this fall. In the meantime, unassign your 2nd number from any personal device you created and delete the personal device to make everything shared. Currently, your 2nd line is being routed to never never land.

Big Kahuna

Post by Big Kahuna » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:58 am

I had both Voice mails working with different greetings -- although the 2nd went right to VM, which I could get the messages from.

I just spent the last 40 minutes on the phone with Peggy 1 and Peggy 2 -- plus the three cord synthesized on-hold space music, which I'm sure activates Manchurian Candidates. The result was Peggy 2 made some changes and then told me to unplug the telco for 5 minutes. Now both lines will ring -- but go to the same Voice mail.

I give up -- and will check back in the fall on a day that I have more patience.

Thank you for trying to help me.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:22 am

Yep. To have 2 separate voicemails and not have 1 number go directly to VM, need to have at least 1 handset so you can have at least 1 personal device.