Incoming calls go directly to voicemail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
scottlindner
Incoming calls go directly to voicemail

Post by scottlindner » Sun May 17, 2009 6:53 pm

I have disabled every setting I can think of. All incoming calls go directly to voicemail after the first ring. At first I thought it might be related to blacklists or no caller ID blocking, but I have disabled those and every other feature I can think of that might be related. Is there some way to reset all settings back to factor default so I can figure out what setting caused this to happen?

Cheers,
Scott

WayneDsr

Re: Incoming calls go directly to voicemail

Post by WayneDsr » Sun May 17, 2009 7:16 pm

If the voicemail button (envelope) is red, hold it down 5 seconds. You have privacy mode on.

Wayne

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Mon May 18, 2009 3:35 am

Darn it! You got me twice in one day.

The little envelope button looks a lot like the answering machine on/off button on our answering machine. So seeing it red seemed like normal operation to me.

I'm only half way done with the user's manual. When I couldn't figure out why the lights weren't on I was pressing buttons. I must have put the privacy mode on. When I got the lights on the privacy button was on, but I wouldn't know what was normal or not because I had already been fiddling with the buttons without knowing I was changing things. Since I'm not all the way through the manual yet, I'm asking questions before i really need to. I'll try to get done reading it tonight.

Thanks for helping a newbie.

Cheers,
Scott

oomg

Post by oomg » Mon May 18, 2009 5:51 am

scottlindner wrote:Darn it! You got me twice in one day.

The little envelope button looks a lot like the answering machine on/off button on our answering machine. So seeing it red seemed like normal operation to me.

I'm only half way done with the user's manual. When I couldn't figure out why the lights weren't on I was pressing buttons. I must have put the privacy mode on. When I got the lights on the privacy button was on, but I wouldn't know what was normal or not because I had already been fiddling with the buttons without knowing I was changing things. Since I'm not all the way through the manual yet, I'm asking questions before i really need to. I'll try to get done reading it tonight.

Thanks for helping a newbie.

Cheers,
Scott
Rest assured... you're not the first one to ask the question... and it's not likely you will be the last one. But, don't worry, we will constantly remind you that you are just as smart as the rest of us.
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Mon May 18, 2009 7:30 am

You're right, oomg AND ScottLindner's reading the BOOK!

:-)

Wayne