No Dialtone, no calls coming in, BUT do have voicemail

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
Bearabull
No Dialtone, no calls coming in, BUT do have voicemail

Post by Bearabull » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:05 am

I bought my Ooma Core a couple years ago, but just installed it a little over a month ago. I have cable internet. I don't have a phone connected directly to the hub, but do have it connected to my inside wiring so all phonelines work. It has been working great for over a month, but as of a couple days ago, I am just getting voicemail. There is no ringing to indicate a call is coming in and when trying to make a call, there is no dialtone. Any ideas?

On another note, I did not install the Scout as I was pressed for time as this is at our cottage. I am being billed tax, but I though that you weren't charged if you had the core which is the hub and scout.
Thanks for any help.

thunderbird

Re: No Dialtone, no calls coming in, BUT do have voicemail

Post by thunderbird » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:49 am

Bearabull wrote:I bought my Ooma Core a couple years ago, but just installed it a little over a month ago. I have cable internet. I don't have a phone connected directly to the hub, but do have it connected to my inside wiring so all phonelines work. It has been working great for over a month, but as of a couple days ago, I am just getting voicemail. There is no ringing to indicate a call is coming in and when trying to make a call, there is no dialtone. Any ideas?

On another note, I did not install the Scout as I was pressed for time as this is at our cottage. I am being billed tax, but I though that you weren't charged if you had the core which is the hub and scout.
Thanks for any help.
Have you tried removing power from your Ooma Hub for about five minutes. Then restore power to your Ooma Hub and test.

Next if that doen't work, try connecting another corded phone to the Phone port on your Ooma Hub, and test.

Bearabull

Post by Bearabull » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:55 am

I have renters at my cottage and have left a note for them to try the power. Question though, it if worked before, why would I need to hook up a corded phone to the hub?
Also, what about the tax issue?
Thank you

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:43 am

On the tax issue, my understanding is that, since a few months ago, activations, no matter what kind of device, requires agreeing to the monthly RRF fees.

Check this out for your reference: http://www.ebay.com/itm/180939892063

For your setup topic, you are connecting Hub's phone port to the house wiring, is the house wiring disconnected from the phone company? If not, that may create some problems. Like thunderbird says, connect a phone directly to the Hub to see if problem goes away. If so, then the house wiring is the problem.

Bearabull

Post by Bearabull » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:24 pm

the house wiring is disconnected and was working great for the first month or so. Then this past weekend is when it stopped ringing or a dialtone when attempting to dial out. Yet, voice mail came through.

If you purchase the premier, is that pre tax?

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:39 pm

Bearabull wrote:If you purchase the premier, is that pre tax?
Yes.

Please verify that there is nothing connected to the Wall port on the Hub.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:48 pm

I think Premier will only be charged sales tax if you are in WA or CA as of now.

Bearabull

Post by Bearabull » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:51 pm

My renters are OK with using their cell phones, so will check back on the 19th when I go back there.