ooma & ATT U-verse problem - RESOLVED

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
mjmadmin
ooma & ATT U-verse problem - RESOLVED

Post by mjmadmin » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:19 am

In my house I have ATT U-verse DSL that I use only for two separate ooma Telos (home and home office)
I also have a wireless broadband service that I use for general web access.

Yesterday both Telos stopped working (red light) on the U-verse DSL network. If I connect to that network I can browse the internet so the DSL seems to be fine. Whats strange is that if I switch one or both of the Telos over to my other wireless broadband network they both connect.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I've had this setup for a long time has it has been working perfectly.
Last edited by mjmadmin on Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

murphy

Re: ooma & ATT U-verse problem

Post by murphy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:29 am

Do you have a router on the DSL network?
If not and you have the Telos connected in series did you change the subnet that one of them uses for it's DHCP server?
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

mjmadmin

Re: ooma & ATT U-verse problem - RESOLVED

Post by mjmadmin » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:18 am

Ok, I have no explication but this is what I did.

I connected a pc directly to one of the telos to check the DHCP, subnet etc. as Murphy suggested. The internet settings were set to automatic and I didn't change anything but noticed that all of the sudden the blue light came on. I went to the other telo and basically did the same thing. On the second I did changed from DHCP to automatic so it was set up like the first and it eventually started working too. Again, no explanation but I am working again.

Thanks Murphy for the quick reply. These two telos are set up on a router by the way.