New voicemails show up with my # instead of incoming #

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
raybon
New voicemails show up with my # instead of incoming #

Post by raybon » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:32 am

For some reason new voice mails for the last week or so have been showing up with my phone number instead of the originating callers phone number. I see this both in the voicemail section of the ooma site and in the notification emails. The call log works fine and shows the callers info.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Glenn

thunderbird

Re: New voicemails show up with my # instead of incoming #

Post by thunderbird » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:27 pm

raybon wrote:For some reason new voice mails for the last week or so have been showing up with my phone number instead of the originating callers phone number. I see this both in the voicemail section of the ooma site and in the notification emails. The call log works fine and shows the callers info.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Glenn
Try powering off the Ooma Telo for one hour. Then repower the Ooma Telo. This gives time for the Ooma servers to rebuild you Ooma profile. Then test calling from your cell phone to the Ooma phone number.

raybon

Post by raybon » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:00 am

I have the Ooma Hub and Scout. I unplugged the Hub for a little over an hour and plugged it back in. Performed a test call this morning and the problem hasn't gone away.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:59 am

raybon wrote:I have the Ooma Hub and Scout. I unplugged the Hub for a little over an hour and plugged it back in. Performed a test call this morning and the problem hasn't gone away.
Give Ooma Customer Service a call. Let us know what they say.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST
Saturday-Sunday 8am-5pm PST

murphy

Post by murphy » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:20 pm

Does your email from Ooma not look like this where the calling number has been replaced by 1111111111 and the called number has been replaced by 2222222222?

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (27.01KiB)Viewed 2893 times
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx