All incoming calls going to voicemail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
rwinnike
All incoming calls going to voicemail

Post by rwinnike » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:51 am

Today I noticed that all my incoming calls are going directly to voicemail, i.e. my phones are not ringing. I checked my Ooma settings (via My Ooma) and everything seems to be set correctly (and unchanged for several months). I rebooted my Ooma Telo, modem and router and my incoming calls are still going directly to voicemail. Any idea what's going on?

murphy

Re: All incoming calls going to voicemail

Post by murphy » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:54 am

Is DND enabled? If it is the envelope icon will be orange.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

rwinnike

Post by rwinnike » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:41 pm

DND is not on. Regarding my Ooma setup, I have 2 phone numbers. The main number works fine. It's the secondary number that is going immediately to phone mail. This number worked fine until the past day or so.

Update: I made my initial posting in haste and didn't realize that others have reported a similar problem. My firmware version is 52474. I tried disconnected my Telo for more than an hour and it still sends incoming calls directly to phone mail.

Update Sept 3: I contacted Customer Service today about my problem. To recap, I have a primary and secondary number. My primary number was connected to 2 Ooma handsets and my secondary number set to the Telo. Apparently there is currently (in the past couple days?) a "system" problem at Ooma that will not allow this configuration to work properly (I've had this configuration for at least the past year with no problems). The problem is that all the incoming calls to my secondary number were being sent directly to voice mail. As a work around, Ooma had to reconfigure my Telo with the primary number and connect a secondary number to one Ooma handset (my other handset is out of service for the time being). They will contact me when the system problem is resolved to reset my phones to the original configuration I had.

At least both my phone numbers work now. One thing that happened when they reconfigured my phones is that they wiped out all my black list numbers from my secondary phone! I wish that I had been warned of that as this list was quite extensive. I could have at least made a copy of it had I known it would be deleted. Now it looks as if I am starting from scratch with the black list. Interestingly, the primary number blacklist remained intact.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:00 am

Hi rwinnike, your old blacklist entries should be restored on your secondary number now.
rwinnike wrote: One thing that happened when they reconfigured my phones is that they wiped out all my black list numbers from my secondary phone! I wish that I had been warned of that as this list was quite extensive. I could have at least made a copy of it had I known it would be deleted. Now it looks as if I am starting from scratch with the black list. Interestingly, the primary number blacklist remained intact.
Bobby B

rwinnike

Post by rwinnike » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:29 pm

Wow! You're right! My blacklist is back now. Thanks!

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:20 pm

Bobby B wrote:Hi rwinnike, your old blacklist entries should be restored on your secondary number now.
rwinnike wrote: One thing that happened when they reconfigured my phones is that they wiped out all my black list numbers from my secondary phone! I wish that I had been warned of that as this list was quite extensive. I could have at least made a copy of it had I known it would be deleted. Now it looks as if I am starting from scratch with the black list. Interestingly, the primary number blacklist remained intact.
Bobby, is there a bug out there having to do with main & personal account blacklists stepping on each other and possibly wiping out each other in certain cases?