Telo handset will not hangup

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
kordtaylor
Telo handset will not hangup

Post by kordtaylor » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:35 pm

Hi,

This seems to have started around the time of the 60080 update (which is on the device BTW) and I have rebooted by yanking the battery and rebooted EVERYTHING all the way to the cable modem.

I cannot hangup by pressing the Red Phone button as I used to. It seem that the cradle will sometimes make the phone hangup but that may be coincidence. Really frustrating. Also the call quality is not as consistent, but that is a way-lesser issue at the moment.

Pleases advise as it is creating some "attitude" around the house about the Ooma choice.

In case you think it could be the button, I think the phone is "around" a year old but I do not have the receipt. Purchased at Fryes in Renton, WA.

Thank You,

-- kT

thunderbird

Re: Telo handset will not hangup

Post by thunderbird » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:17 am

kordtaylor wrote:Hi,

This seems to have started around the time of the 60080 update (which is on the device BTW) and I have rebooted by yanking the battery and rebooted EVERYTHING all the way to the cable modem.

I cannot hangup by pressing the Red Phone button as I used to. It seem that the cradle will sometimes make the phone hangup but that may be coincidence. Really frustrating. Also the call quality is not as consistent, but that is a way-lesser issue at the moment.

Pleases advise as it is creating some "attitude" around the house about the Ooma choice.

In case you think it could be the button, I think the phone is "around" a year old but I do not have the receipt. Purchased at Fryes in Renton, WA.

Thank You,

-- kT
Try clearing all handset registrations as follows:
-connect a standard phone to the "Phone" port on the back of your Telo
-pick up receiver and dial *#*#191 - this should reset all handsets back to factory settings
-you will notice that all registered handsets start showing "Auto Registration"
-try re-registering the handsets one by one again.

Register the Ooma Telo Handset:
Find the 4-digit PIN number for your Ooma Telo by logging into:
http://my.ooma.com/pin , or pressing the blue transmitter tower icon located on the Ooma Telo face, upper right hand corner. A voice announcement comes on with the PIN number.
Bring the handset next to the Ooma Telo.
Set the Ooma Telo in registration mode by pressing and holding the Paging Key located on the upper right hand face of the Ooma Telo for 3 seconds. The Paging Key will start flashing rapidly.
When prompted on the handset, enter the PIN number found above and press the OK soft key.
When the handset successfully registers, a home screen will be displayed.

You could also do a factory reset of the Ooma Telo.
Ooma Telo Factory Reset:
Dial *#*#099 on the phone attached to Telo to issue a factory reset.
A recording will come on the line and ask if you really want to do a factory reset. Press 1 for yes, and press 2 or hang up for no. After pressing 1, you will hear a busy signal. After hanging up, the number 1 light stays lit yellow on the face of the Ooma Telo. After a short period of time, only the number 1 & 2 lights remain lit blue. Then after more time, the Ooma Telo goes into the boot sequence, and comes back on line. If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You will have to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle.

Sometimes the *#*#099 command has to be issued three or four times, before the factory reset sequence starts and is completed.