Personal Numbers with the new Canadian Service

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
techiem2
Personal Numbers with the new Canadian Service

Post by techiem2 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:17 am

Now that Ooma has expanded up to Canada, I have a couple friends that might be interested in it.
What I'd like to know is, when they setup their phone numbers will they be able to set one Canadian number (main number for where they are), and one US number (one friend has family here)?
Likewise will those of us US customers with premium accounts be able to add Canadian numbers to our accounts?

Thanks.

thunderbird

Re: Personal Numbers with the new Canadian Service

Post by thunderbird » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:08 am

techiem2 wrote:Now that Ooma has expanded up to Canada, I have a couple friends that might be interested in it.
What I'd like to know is, when they setup their phone numbers will they be able to set one Canadian number (main number for where they are), and one US number (one friend has family here)?
Likewise will those of us US customers with premium accounts be able to add Canadian numbers to our accounts?

Thanks.
See what Bobby B. Ooma moderator wrote below:
Bobby B wrote:If you buy a Canadian Telo, you must choose a Canadian number as your main number. If you decide to subscribe to Premier, you can choose a Canadian or US number as a virtual number and call US numbers for free.

The reverse applies to US Telos (main number must be a US number, and virtual number can be a Canadian or US Number and call Canada for free).
lbmofo wrote: Canadian hardware vs American hardware...are they interchangeable? Can one buy a Costco Telo from US and bring to Canada to activate with Canadian # and vice versa?

techiem2

Post by techiem2 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:11 am

Ok Thanks!

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:54 pm

Another helpful link:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12771