iPhone

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
jaygrant
iPhone

Post by jaygrant » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:50 pm

I am considering purchasing the IPhone app for my phone but the review on ITunes are not very kind. Will Ooma stand behind the app and offer a credit if it does not work properly. It is tarting to get expensive trying apps that do not work well. The OOMA outline looks great - but is the performance there?

EX Bell

Re: iPhone

Post by EX Bell » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:45 pm

My wife has the app. I works well on WiFi, but on 3G it's sketchy. Ooma actually says the same thing, but not in those words.
She works from a coffe shop with free WiFi often, so for us it's worth it. She's always been over our on our minute plan, so this will pay for itself, even if it doesn't always work.

I found that I could not dial correctly when her phone was connected to the Telo via Bluetooth, so if you have an adapter, turn off the Bluetooth on you iPhone before trying a test call in your home. Outside of the range of the Bluetooth it should not be an issue, but I have not tested that yet to be sure it's not Bluetooth in general that interfere's with the app's dialer. I can't imagine it would. I think it's more related to the connection between the phone and Telo over Bluetooth.

I believe you can get a refund from Apple on apps that don't work properly by contacting Apple can't you? I'm a Blackberry user myself, so I don't know this first hand. I hope any of this helps in some way. In general I do think the app works sufficiently, but since you have to have the Premier service to use it, it really is overpriced compared with something like Talkatone, which is free for a basic service and a small monthly premium for a premium service. My wife did say the call quality of the Ooma app is much better than Talkatone, but she never tried the premium service from Talkatone, so I don't know if it is that much better than their free service.
Customer Since: 1/17/12
Service: Premier 1/30/2012
BELL Canada Port: 1/30/12 - 2/13/12
TekSavvy via BELL FTTN: 25 Mbps/10 Mbps
Setup: Sagemcom 2864 > Cisco E2000 > Time Capsule v1 > Telo
Handsets: Panasonic KX-TG6655S DECT 6.0

rpiotro

Re: iPhone

Post by rpiotro » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:56 pm

The current version (3.0.5) of Ooma Mobile may not work correctly on your phone. It works well on a WiFi network. Quality is as good as can be expected from that setup but there is a big bug. I opened a support ticket on it but have not gotten answer yet. I am sure it will be eventually fixed. See the link below.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13345
"Well, are you talkin' about what it is you know or just repeating what it was you heard?"
Grace Slick