Second line clarification

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
mhowie
Second line clarification

Post by mhowie » Sat May 30, 2009 9:12 pm

From the ooma Premier features page:
Instant Second Line

Do your kids have the gift of gab? No problem! When you sign up for ooma Premier, you’ll get an Instant Second Line™ feature, which lets you make or take two simultaneous calls without the cost or hassle of installing a second line. So when your daughter's chatting with her BFF (i.e., best friend forever), simply pick up another phone and you’ll get a fresh ooma dialtone.
Just to confirm... this functionality DOES require a Scout?
--Howie

trim81

Re: Second line clarification

Post by trim81 » Sat May 30, 2009 9:13 pm

yes, you must have a scout for multi line talking

..also must have premiere service

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Sun May 31, 2009 5:21 am

I set my hub and scout next to each other for 2nd line convenience. Connnected via WALL port on the hub to the WALL port in the scout.

Wayne

mhowie

Post by mhowie » Sun May 31, 2009 5:54 pm

WayneDsr wrote:I set my hub and scout next to each other for 2nd line convenience. Connnected via WALL port on the hub to the WALL port in the scout.

Wayne
Hi Wayne,

I have finally decided to go with this configuration and I have successfully established the second line via the Scout with it residing near the Hub. I wonder if there was anything clever via the ooma Lounge or otherwise you have done to expand "hidden capabilities" which might exist with this setup?

Regards,
--Howie

southsound

Post by southsound » Sun May 31, 2009 6:02 pm

mhowie,

CloaknDagr has a wonderful explanation of how he uses his hub and scout in this thread: http://forums.ooma.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... &sk=t&sd=a. You might want to implement some of the things he has done. Make sure to read both of his posts in the thread.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

mhowie

Post by mhowie » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:28 pm

You're right... those are wonderful explanations and I thank you for referring me to those posts.

Regards,
--Howie