How can I change my assigned phone number?

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
technogranny
How can I change my assigned phone number?

Post by technogranny » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:28 pm

I just activated my Ooma account chose a specific phone number that showed to be available from the list because it was easy to memorize. I clicked next & it seemed to go thru OK; but when I go to the sign on set up, I suddenly found a completely different number, one that I'm positive my husband is going to have a problem with. Does anyone know how I can change the number to what I had chosen? I have not set up the equipment yet.

WayneDsr

Re: How can I change my assigned phone number?

Post by WayneDsr » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:47 pm

I'm pretty sure you are allowed 2 numbers when you first set ooma up. I would go with the setup and call Customer Service when you can to have them manually change the number. OR if you want to act quickly, you might try and add a phone number once ooma is set up. Hopefully you'll be able to find that number available.
You will then have 2 numbers. Make the new number your main number. You can then call Customer Service in a few days and tell them your issue and they can remove the unwanted number.

If you do not purchase the Premier package one of those numbers will go away after your trial period anyway, you just want to make sure the right one stays with you!
Customer Service is: 888-711-6662

Anyone else that might add to what I've already said?

Welcome to the ooma forums!

If you have any setup issues, there's a bunch of great people here to help!

Wayne

technogranny

Re: How can I change my assigned phone number?

Post by technogranny » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:00 pm

WayneDsr wrote:I'm pretty sure you are allowed 2 numbers when you first set ooma up. I would go with the setup and call Customer Service when you can to have them manually change the number. OR if you want to act quickly, you might try and add a phone number once ooma is set up. Hopefully you'll be able to find that number available.
You will then have 2 numbers. Make the new number your main number. You can then call Customer Service in a few days and tell them your issue and they can remove the unwanted number.

If you do not purchase the Premier package one of those numbers will go away after your trial period anyway, you just want to make sure the right one stays with you!
Customer Service is: 888-711-6662

Anyone else that might add to what I've already said?

Welcome to the ooma forums!

If you have any setup issues, there's a bunch of great people here to help!

Wayne

Thank you. I'll try & set up the second number; but I'm afraid to config the equip because I sort of caught a hint that once the equipment is installed & you change the number, you have to uninstall & reinstall. If all else fails, I'll call CS tomorrow; but was hoping to set this up tonight because I go into work tomorrow, albeit in the afternoon; but I still would like not to have to fiddle with Ooma tomorrow. Well, guess I may not have a choice.