How to install Panasonic to work with Ooma Telo

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
puedeba2004

How to install Panasonic to work with Ooma Telo

Post by puedeba2004 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:45 am

Yesterday I bought an Ooma Telo and a Costco Panasonic KX-TG986SK Dect 6 bluetooth enabled, 5 handsets.

I hooked everything up after charging the Panasonic handsets and base station, but the Panasonic doesn't answer the phone when I call my Ooma number. I attached the Panasonic base station as if it was a phone handset but I suspect I am supposed to do something more to make it work. Sorry for seeming so computer illiterate, which I am, lol, so I would really appreciate any help you can give me in making the Ooma/Panasonic work. Thanks in advance.

murphy

Re: How to install Panasonic to work with Ooma Telo

Post by murphy » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:49 am

Connect a phone cable from the Panasonic base station to the phone jack on the Telo. The DECT 6 built into the Telo only works with Ooma handsets.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

puedeba2004

Post by puedeba2004 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:12 pm

Thank you for your advice. Okay, I connected the Ooma to the Panasonic base station with a phone cable but the Panasonic doesn't answer the Ooma when I call my Ooma phone number. Any thoughts?

bobaz

Post by bobaz » Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:48 pm

I have an older Panasonic KX-TG9321 two-line base station with six KX-TGA939T handsets. I plugged the base station into the Ooma phone jack, and the Ooma number is now working fine as line 1 on the Panasonic handsets. And I can still use the Ooma HD3 handset as well! (I'm terminating line 2 telco service so mostly don't care that the Panasonic handset displays say "check line 2".)