Phone number successfully ported to OOMA.

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
raxxal
Phone number successfully ported to OOMA.

Post by raxxal » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:47 am

My 23 years old number has been successfully ported to OOMA. It took about two weeks to complete the order. The number that was assigned to me when I activate the account remain as the second number. Kudos OOMA!

Mike-o-Matic

Re: Phone number successfully ported to OOMA.

Post by Mike-o-Matic » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:40 pm

Just initiated my own port -- may I ask whom your LEC was? Mine is AT&T. Hope it goes smoothly!
Customer Since: November 2009.
Number Port: ordered 12/14/09; completed 01/07/10.
Hardware: one Hub, one Scout, one Telo.
Service Level: Annual Premier.

raxxal

Post by raxxal » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:02 am

Mike-o-Matic wrote:Just initiated my own port -- may I ask whom your LEC was? Mine is AT&T. Hope it goes smoothly!
I also was with AT&T. Basically, the transition went smooth. I called AT&T just to make sure that I was not being charge anymore, and that's it! Believe or not, I had VOIP with AT&T, and I had all kind of problems like losing the dial tone very often, noise on the line, etc. I am a happy camper now!

Declama

Post by Declama » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:20 am

porting your number to Google Voice is also another option, providing you do have a Google Voice virtual number. Once you have that i really does not matter which phone system or number you have. It is just a matter of pointing your Google voice number to your new number.

I have had mine now for a few months and it works great. In fact, it offers some of the same features as the premier for free.

hope this helps.