Some incoming calls going straight to old Comcast voicemail

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
lathamfamily
Some incoming calls going straight to old Comcast voicemail

Post by lathamfamily » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:37 pm

About 3-4 weeks ago I had my number ported from Comcast VOIP. A few people have called my cell phone saying they can not get through using my home #, as it goes straight to voicemail. Weird part is that they are going into the Comcast voicemail. I know this because I was getting an email from Comcast notifying me that I had a new voicemail. I called Comcast to ask them why calls are still going into my old voicemail. They couldn't explain the reason why, but they inactivated the voicemail. Now when those same people call, they immediately get a message saying that the voicemail is not set-up. So obviously these calls are still being routed through Comcast. Any ideas what's happening and how I fix?

dtalwar

Re: Some incoming calls going straight to old Comcast voicemail

Post by dtalwar » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:10 pm

It could be a couple of problems: (1) It could be a routing issue. See if the people complainng are all calling from a spcific area or provider. Or, (2) Comcast has not deleted your number from their database. I am sure others will chime in with more ideas/suggestions.