google voice doesn't work

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
VicMatson
Re: google voice doesn't work

Post by VicMatson » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:07 am

I hope you aren't blacklisting, usually local, numbers. Google uses those numbers to dial through.

wym

Post by wym » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:08 am

Just checked MyOoma, no blacklisting at all.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:05 pm

Hello wym,

Your Telo is blue? For some reason, I am not able to look at the logs.
Could there be some firewall/security or port blocking enabled?

I tried my google number & rang my Hub fine.

Since you are configured with a nonlandline number, are you able to take your box to a neighbor
or friend's house to try?

oomax

Post by oomax » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:09 am

ecoliek wrote:I had my google voice number set up and working until about a week ago when it just stopped. Same problem you're running into. I deactivated the number and when I tried to re-enable it, it wouldn't ring my ooma number. GV rings other numbers just fine and my Ooma rings when I dial it from other phones just fine. Very puzzling. Have you had any luck in the past few days?
The exact same thing just happened to me yesterday.

I had Google Voice directing to my home phone line for years. Even after I switched to Ooma almost a year ago Google Voice would forward calls to my Ooma number. Yesterday my Ooma Hub stopped ringing when my Google Voice number gets a call. I deactivated and re-added my Ooma number in Google Voice. I cannot verify my Ooma number with Google Voice because Ooma is not ringing when the call comes from Google Voice.

When I try to call my Ooma number from GV (using my GV connected cell phone) I hear ringing on the cell/GV end but the Ooma never rings and never goes to VoiceMail.

My Ooma is placing and receiving calls from other numbers. I have no numbers blacklisted. I made no changes to my Ooma account or my GV account before this occurred. I'd appreciate any help on why my GV number no longer rings my Ooma line.