"Number you have reached is not in service..."

Having trouble placing or receiving calls or using your voicemail system on Ooma Telo VoIP Phones? Post your questions here.
degates
"Number you have reached is not in service..."

Post by degates » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:22 am

Hi,
This issue has only recently started happening and Tech Support has so far been unable to resolve it.

I'm able to place outgoing calls, but all incoming calls are receiving a "not in service at this time" message. Any suggestions?

DTMF

Re: "Number you have reached is not in service..."

Post by DTMF » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:34 pm

Sounds like a problem with the underlying carrier who services your number. That's not an issue that you can resolve on your end.
Ooma customer since November 2009.
Formerly employed at another VoIP company.
My opinions are my own.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:09 am

Did you see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8408

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:20 am

Hello,

I noticed you are configured with your Landline. What happens if you remove your Ooma hub
out of the picture. In other words, plug your telephone directly to your physical wall jack.
Are you able to receive incoming calls?

Because you have a buyout account, you are entitled to a 2nd number. When you spoke with support,
did they try adding a 2nd number for you to test?

degates

Post by degates » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:47 pm

Hi, when I disconnect the hub, I can receive inbound calls on the land line. Ooma repr couldn't explain why, just that it was the luck of the draw for my particular setup.

Y, I read that post. Apparently the carrier was escalated... presumably by Ooma.

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:05 am

Please connect your landline back to the "wall" port on the back
of your hub. Afterwards, when you receive an inbound call, does the line light up
on the hub? Is this happening on all inbound calls? Does the hub stay blue?

millerk21

Post by millerk21 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:22 am

I have started getting the same thing except if I add the area code to the number, it will go through. Even when I dial my number from a local number, it says that my home telephone is out of service.

Any idea on that one?

ntoy

Post by ntoy » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:09 am

Hello millerk21,

When others try calling you, do they hear the out of service message?
If so, please send me a pm with recent examples: dates,times, phone number, symptom.

Thx

millerk21

Post by millerk21 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:45 pm

Seems to be working now. Not sure if it was just a temporary issue, but it is no longer happening.

Thanks.

millerk21

Post by millerk21 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:25 pm

I have recently been getting a message that "The wireless customer you are trying to reach is not available, please try again later." THis is happening when people call from out of state as well as within the state. It even occurs when I try calling my home phone both with and without the area code now. Any answer on this one?

Happened 4 times on Sunday Oct 10th at 9:00, 9:10, 9:20, and 9:25 pm EDT. I do not have a landline service provider, strictly ooma. I called with and without the area code dialed first.