Ooma blocks PS3

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
doubleyouexwhyzee
Ooma blocks PS3

Post by doubleyouexwhyzee » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:18 pm

I have a Buffalo AirStation router, modem, and ooma hub.

The problem started a few weeks ago when I suddenly couldn't join online games on COD5 on the PS3. It wasn't giving me any trouble before; it just suddenly happened. The game would say "getting match quality" forever but never find a game to join. When I try to host, I just sit in the lobby forever and ever but no one ever comes. I know it is not my internet connection because I can still access the web browser on the PS3, and the computer works fine too.
It is not the PS3's problem either because when I switch to public network (linksys), everything's fine.

So I disconnected the Ooma hub, using only my router for the PS3, and it works. I can join and host games.

If I reconnect the hub, it stops working again. This causes me to think that Ooma is somehow blocking it.

However, this problem SUDDENLY came a few weeks ago (I had Ooma for a while), so did Ooma undergo any updates that could cause this?

Thank you.

tommies

Re: Ooma blocks PS3

Post by tommies » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:52 pm

See this thread,

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8515

I think the problem is similar to yours with a different device. My guess is that in the new version, ooma started to--in some ways--interfere with other devices on the network: compete for service on a particular port. However, only ooma engineers can tell.

Your only option is to email/file a bug report with some of ooma mod. in this board. Calling CS will offer little help unless you get to level 3 support, i.e talking directly to an engineer.
tommies

dralter

Post by dralter » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:08 pm

I have the same problem with the Xbox Live service. In my opinion the port forwarding feature on the Ooma does not work and port forwarding is necessary to get Xbox Live to work correctly and the Ooma Hub lacks Nat-PMP or UPnP. The only way I can get Xbox Live to work is put it into the DMZ. So, get the IP of your PS3, go to the Ooma setup page and add your PS3's ip to the DMZ.

doubleyouexwhyzee

Post by doubleyouexwhyzee » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:22 pm

I tried what you said, put the PS3's IP in the DMZ, but when I click update, it says Home "IP Address and DHCP range are not in the same subnet."

I am a complete newbie in networking, I don't even know what subnet means.

doubleyouexwhyzee

Post by doubleyouexwhyzee » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:18 pm

Just started working again. So weird!